Welcome to the gene box. Here we unbox your curiosity about genome mystique and make it work for your advantage. Connect with us to explore possibilities.
Terms and Conditions
1. Virtus shall be taken to mean ‘Virtus Nutrition Pvt. Ltd.’.
2. All information appearing on the pages of the Virtus websites (thegenebox.com being one amongst them) and supporting documentation is for information only. Persons entering the site have expressly accepted these terms and conditions. Virtus has taken great care to ensure that the information contained within their website and other corporate documentation is accurate and complete, however no liability whatsoever is accepted by Xcode should inaccuracies or incomplete information subsequently be found. Prices are subject to change.
3. ‘Sample’ or ‘DNA sample’ shall mean saliva or any other biological sample accepted by Virtus for DNA analysis. ‘Genetic Assessment’ and ‘Genetic Test’ shall refer to any type of Genetic Predisposition analysis and shall be carried out using whatever genetic test (or tests) deemed necessary by Virtus.
4. Virtus will only conduct the requested DNA analysis on receipt of a completed Virtus registration and order form accompanied by the correct fee for the service requested. In addition the samples received must be in the Tube provided in the kit with the Barcode indicating that they have not been contaminated. Virtus reserves the right to withhold test results until cleared payment has been received.
5. In the event that Virtus initiates legal action or appoints an agent to recover unpaid testing fees, we reserve the right to add reasonable collection expenses and legal costs to the outstanding debt. Stopped payments will incur a Rs. 2000/- administration fee when represented.
6. The test report is provided solely for the information of the applicant and is not deemed admissible as evidence in a court of law. If it is intended for the tests to be used in any court proceedings, you should obtain independent legal advice before seeking a Genetic test and ensure that Virtus is informed prior to commissioning the test.
7. The applicant confirms that they are legally entitled to possession of the samples supplied to Virtus. The applicant accepts to cover Virtus for any loss or damage that we may suffer as a result of the samples not having been obtained legally. Applicants should, if in any doubt, seek independent legal advice about their entitlement to obtain samples before doing so.
8. Submission of a sample with a completed registration form constitutes an order and authorizes Virtus to commence the testing process and incur the associated fee. If an order is cancelled after submission of the same, the fee is non-refundable.
9. Virtus cannot accept responsibility for errors or omission by the sampler or their agent, nor for samples delayed or mislaid by third party postal services.
10. In the event that the samples provided are inadequate (by either / or quality or quantity) for the purpose of conducting a DNA analysis, Virtus reserves the right to request further samples.
11. Any samples submitted for testing in tubes other than that supplied by Virtus, samples damaged or potentially compromised in transit, or samples supplied without a properly completed and verified registration form, may be rejected and destroyed by Virtus without reservation.
12. Virtus will take all reasonable steps to ensure that reports are provided within the advertised time frames but cannot accept any responsibility for delay caused by a third party or parties.
13. Virtus will supply the report results only to the customer who has supplied the sample and completed the registration form (or the legal representatives / or through authorization).
14. All samples may be retained or destroyed after the test results have been supplied to the registered customer.
15. Any alleged claim for damages as a result of omission or malpractice shall be limited to Rs. 1000/- in respect of each test application. Any such claim will not be accepted unless it is made in writing within 30 days of the test date.
16. This document and the services supplied by Virtus are subject to Indian Law and the jurisdiction of the Mumbai Courts. Virtus undertake to deal with any complaint quickly and fairly.
The Genetic Predisposition Assessment is provided with the understanding that neither Virtus nor its licensors or suppliers are engaged in providing medical, legal, or other professional services or advice. The content is intended solely for your informational purposes and is not intended as medical advice, or to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. It is also not intended as a replacement for professional advice and services from a doctor or qualified health professional, familiar with your personal medical history.
While certain genetic markers, in this case SNPs, are associated with a higher incidence of certain diseases or health conditions in certain populations, accessing your genetic information through Virtus does not translate into a personal prediction. This is the case for several reasons:
Firstly, genetic information is usually just one factor in whether a person develops a disease or other health-related traits. Other factors include environmental conditions and how your genetic profile responds to these external conditions (gene/environment interactions).
Secondly, current understanding of the genetics of any particular disease or condition may be incomplete. For example, we may know that a particular SNP in a gene is associated, by proxy, with a disease, but not that a yet-unidentified SNP in another gene is also associated with that disease. Even after identifying a second, third or even fourth gene associated with a genetically complex disease, it is still unclear if these genes work in unison or independently. SNP associations also do not necessarily identify the biologically relevant factors involved in a disease, but may simply be locational markers that flag a particular genetic involvement.
Thirdly, gene/disease associations are typically based on ethnicity, and studies are generally conducted in limited populations. That is, 1) they may provide understanding of a disease in a specific population, but not to any single member of the population, and 2) the associations may not have been studied in many world populations and may not apply in the same or similar ways across populations.
The genetic information provided by Virtus about potential health conditions should not be used to estimate your overall risk of future disease.
The available genetic information could indicate higher risk and you might never get the disease. The available genetic information could indicate lower or average risk and you might already have or get the disease in the future. Furthermore, the Virtus Genetic Predisposition Test is not designed to diagnose disease or medical conditions, and it is not intended to be medical advice. If you have concerns or questions about what you learn through Virtus, you should contact your doctor or other appropriate professional.
You should seek the advice of a doctor or other qualified health professionals with whom you have such a relationship, if you have questions regarding any medical or psychiatric condition, or if you are experiencing any symptoms of, or believe you may have any medical or psychiatric condition, regardless of any information contained within your Genetic Predisposition Report. You should not ignore professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of your Genetic Predisposition Report or any other content. Furthermore, you should not interpret your Genetic Predisposition Report or any other content as recommending any specific treatment plan, product or course of action. You should always consult your doctor or other qualified health professionals before starting any new treatment or stopping any treatment that has been prescribed for you by your doctor or other qualified health professional.
By ordering a Virtus Genetic Predisposition Test you agree to be bound by the General Terms and Conditions, Genetic Predisposition Terms and Conditions and:
You understand that Genetic Predisposition information you learn from Virtus is not designed to diagnose, prevent, or treat any condition or disease or to ascertain the state of your health and that you understand that the Virtus Genetic Predisposition services are intended for educational, informational, and research purposes only.
You acknowledge that Virtus urges you to seek the advice of health professionals if you have questions or concerns arising from your genetic information.
You give permission to Virtus, its contractors, and assignees to perform genotyping services on the DNA extracted from your biological sample and to disclose the results of analysis performed on your DNA to you and others whom you specifically authorize.
You certify that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
You are guaranteeing that the sample you provide is your biological sample; if you are completing the consent form on behalf of a person for whom you have legal responsibility, you are confirming that the sample provided is the sample of that person.
You are warranting that you are not an insurance company or an employer attempting to obtain information about an insured person or an employee.
You are aware that some of the information you receive may provoke strong emotion.
You take responsibility for all possible consequences resulting from your sharing access to your genetic and other contributed information.
You understand that your genetic and other contributed personal information will be stored in Virtus research databases, and authorized personnel of Virtus will conduct research using said databases.
You agree that you have the authority, under the laws of the country, state or jurisdiction in which you reside, to provide this consent.